Unable to remove sctp kernel module.
Padmalochan Moharana
2010-08-21 10:39:37 UTC
Dear All,

To load the sctp module in kernel I have used the modprobe command. But when
I am trying to remove the sctp module using rmmod command with -f option,
kernel shows below error message as ipv6 module uses the sctp module.

ERROR: Module sctp is in use by [unsafe]

Is there any other way to remove the sctp module without rebuild the kernel
with setting CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD?

Regards,

Padmalochan
arshad hussain
2010-08-21 11:16:04 UTC
On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Padmalochan Moharana
Post by Padmalochan Moharana
Dear All,
To load the sctp module in kernel I have used the modprobe command. But when
I am trying to remove the sctp module using rmmod command with –f option,
kernel shows below error message as ipv6 module uses the sctp module.
You have to do something like 'unwind the stack' . First try to
remove ipv6 then try sctp. Maybe you'll find ipv6 is referenced by
some other module, go and remove that first.

Other option is to leave sctp alone, guess its harmless.

Thanks.